Sunday, October 4, 2009

Adjustment Layers & Smart Filters



For the Temple picture I added two filters in Photoshop. I added Fresco and Poster Edges. I found that when I resized the image to be smaller the image changed, so I went back and took off the Fresco filter, since it blurred the image too much.

For the Rooster picture all I did was add an Adjustment Layer to the picture. I played around with the image levels and was really pleased with the results. I only changed the levels and nothing else. I could have added more adjustment layers to see what different results I would get, but was happy with the changes I had made.

5 comments:

  1. The rooster picture is fantastic. It has nice "lead room" on the composition. It looks wonderful for only changing the levels. It pops so much more after editing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the effect on the second picture! It really looks like a water colored painting or something. I like it more than the third one cause the third one kind of has the temple blending into the clouds.
    Also, great job on the rooster photo, the colors are so much better. It does look a little pixelated tho on the ground, I wonder if it's from sharpening the image if you did that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the adjustment layer made your rooster image amazing!!! I can't believe how much you were able to bring back to the image. This is a great example of what adjustment layers can do. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your edited rooster shot looks incredible! The contrast and the colors look great. For your temple edit I actually really liked the first one--it almost looks like a cartoon illustration. Even though resizing it might've blurred it more from the original, I like it a lot, and better than the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first edited photo of the temple looked like it was done in watercolor, which I think gave it a nice affect. The second edited temple picture looked like it was done in pencil and then smudged - either way I like them booth. The edited effects on the rooster really make it pop and catches the eye.

    ReplyDelete