Friday, September 18, 2009

Cut Outs

Before

After - No background

After - Partial cut out

CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

1. Original portrait taken at a country and western photography studio in Las Vegas, NV.

2. Portrait edited using the quick selection tool in Photoshop. I feathered the image and then gave it a slight drop shadow at a 90˚ angle.

3. I used the same edits on this portrait as I did on the second picture, except I only used a white background on the top part of the picture.

Each of the images were resized to 434x600 pixels.

3 comments:

  1. Jason, You did a great job with this cut out. I can imagine how difficult it was for you to get your sleave against that black or darker shelf background. you did a great job, it is a fun picture. good job taking time to do the extra partial cut out! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice cutout! It looks like you went the extra mile and made a great selection even better with the partial cutout. Looks like a lot of work but it was skillfully done! The way the colors on the vest blend with the poster and the left sleeve blends with the cupboard, I'm sure it was a challenge to get a good selection. You pulled it off well. Sometimes you just have to guess where the line actually is and just make it look good. Anyway, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really fun picture. I think that is looks nice that you keptt he barrel in the cut out. It adds and effect. I think that you could maybe feather a tab bit more because your arm looks a little jagged. Overall it looks great though.

    ReplyDelete