Saturday, September 26, 2009





1. Wood: I took a picture of a fence post when I was out on a photo shoot yesterday and used this for the text I created. I put a drop shadow on the text, beveled and embossed it and also added an outer glow. I really like the way this turned out.

2. Winter: 11/22/07; 2:45 p.m.; Banff, AB, Canada; f4.0; 1/250; FinePix F10.

I though this picture was a nice open shot and would look good with a little text added to it. I created this in Photoshop with the test tool and added a bevel and emboss to it. I also placed a drop shadow and outer glow on the text.

3. California Beach: 8/15/06; 7:15 p.m.; Santa Cruz, CA; f7.1; 1/320; FinePix F10.

I also created this one in Photoshop by adding a couple of different text layers. The words are repeated. I reduced the opacities of the text so they were not so strong. I also added a mask and faded out some of the text in the main parts of the picture I wanted to show through.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jason: I love those curly lines in the texture of the wood. You also captured an awesome mountain shot in the landscape group. Sweet shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. California beach almost looks like a painting and the winter shot looks like it was taken from a plane. That is really cool I like it. I really like the font you used for the California one but the yellow is really hard to see where the back ground goes white. The text overlay makes it really cool. This almost seems like it should be hanging up on some wall in a Café in France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The winter text is neat. You did well capturing the snow.

    I like the California picture. The text looks really nice fading in and out over the top of the image. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow dude, you really nailed it on the light house one. It looks incredible and great job with the overlapping text.
    I don't like the wood that much though. I think that the bevel (or whatever smooths the edges over) is turned up too high so its looks like fake wood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the photo of the lighthouse, it's a great use of the grunge to add character to a photo. The scenic photos are nicely done and show a dramatic side.

    ReplyDelete